Skip to main content

 

Psalm 8[a]

For the director of music. According to gittith.[b] A psalm of David.

1 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory
    in the heavens.
2 Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?[c]

5 You have made them[d] a little lower than the angels[e]
    and crowned them[f] with glory and honor.
6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their[g] feet:
7 all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
8 the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  Psalm 141 A psalm of David. 1  I call to you,  Lord , come quickly to me;      hear me when I call to you. 2  May my prayer be set before you like incense;      may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. 3  Set a guard over my mouth,  Lord ;      keep watch over the door of my lips. 4  Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil      so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers;      do not let me eat their delicacies. 5  Let a righteous man strike me—that is a kindness;      let him rebuke me—that is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it,      for my prayer will still be against the deeds of evildoers. 6  Their rulers will be thrown down from the cliffs,      and the wicked will learn that my words were well spok...
  Psalm 3 1  Lord , how many are my foes!      How many rise up against me! 2  Many are saying of me,      “God will not deliver him.” [ b ] 3  But you,  Lord , are a shield around me,      my glory, the One who lifts my head high. 4  I call out to the  Lord ,      and he answers me from his holy mountain. 5  I lie down and sleep;      I wake again, because the  Lord  sustains me. 6  I will not fear though tens of thousands      assail me on every side. 7  Arise,  Lord !      Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw;      break the teeth of the wicked. 8  From the  Lord  comes deliverance.      May your blessing be on your people.
  Psalm 91 1  Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High      will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [ a ] 2  I will say of the  Lord , “He is my refuge and my fortress,      my God, in whom I trust.” 3  Surely he will save you      from the fowler’s snare      and from the deadly pestilence. 4  He will cover you with his feathers,      and under his wings you will find refuge;      his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 5  You will not fear the terror of night,      nor the arrow that flies by day, 6  nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,      nor the plague that destroys at midday. 7  A thousand may fall at your side,      ten thousand at your right hand,      but it will not come near you. 8...